Monday 3 September 2012

Of Sparrows and Wishing Wells by Susan

My garden was lacking something so I decided to build a wishing well. It was a Friday and I debated buying the wood so I'd have a project for the weekend. Financial sense took over but it wasn't without some sadness that I passed the hardware store on my way home. On the following Tuesday, after taking a friend home, I drove past the store again. There's a place where they put old skids for the taking. There was quite the pile and I debated whether or not to stop. It was too hot so I kept on going. God is good. My heart was filled with the urgent desire, "Go back!" So I did a u-turn and went back. Everything I needed was there: 2x2's, 2x4's, and thin boards for the roof. I only needed to pull the skids apart. My wishing well stands about three feet high and reminds me every day that His eye is on the sparrow. "Delight yourself also in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart." Ps 37: f

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...