Friday 14 September 2012

Twenty Plus by Susan L.

I'm glad it's raining today. The yard and gardens were beginning to look a bit wilted. Again. As of yesterday, I've found twenty four-leafed clovers in my yard. The area where I found the first dozen has expanded into other clover patches beside it. It might be "just" a biological quirk where some of the plant's DNA got scrambled but it has made for a bit of fun for me. I have no idea what the neighbours think seeing me squatting down and looking intensely at the ground for minutes at a time. They all know I have one of "those kinds" of illnesses. My search is usually in the same place because I've discovered that what I miss on one day will turn up on the next. I've shared this story of plenty with others and have discovered many people who found "just one" or others who sigh they've never found a four leafer themselves. It has got me thinking and I have a question, several questions actually. Why do we feel that small blessings are all we deserve or rather,why do we stop looking for more when a good thing comes our way? Is it cultural? Now don't be greedy, others have less than you...Is it religious? Us undeserving sinners and something about a rich man...Or is it simply that it is hard for us to accept that which is abundantly good? Only part of the human confition is meant to relate to suffering. We need it to draw us closer to Jesus.. Do we need to deny joy or stop looking for more? In doing so are we slamming the door on all the blessings which are part of our divine inheritance? Is not the greatest act to live with a rich sense of expectancy and childish delight in the treasures our heavenly Father places on our paths. "I (Jesus) have come that they man have life, d that they may have it more abundantly." Jn 10:10

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan:
    I'm amazed you've got, not one, but oodles of four leaf clovers.
    You are blessed.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...