Monday 15 October 2012

Bite Marks by Susan L.

So my skin is crawling and twitchy. I learned today that bed bug bites can sometimes not show up for several days. That's a "whew!" and an "eww!". The one hand that always rests under my pillow is covered with itchy, blistery bites. There's some on my feet and my other hand as well that showed up late last night. I had been concerned that some of these unwanted guests had made it past the dryer and I was afraid my house would need to be fumigated. Thank You, Lord for the internet. It was a relief to know the bites are from last week's trip. I am sure the neighbours wondered what I was up to; mostly stripping in the driveway and bagging the stuff I had taken. Trust me, absolutely every precaution necessary to avoid an invasion was taken. It's a wonder my skin didn't peel off, the shower was so hot! I even melted my crocs in the dryer. At least they don't carry diseases like their bloodthirsty cousins, the mosquito and tick. It's just the psychological creep factor I'm finding hard to shake. It has nothing to do with cleanliness or dirt and I know they are becoming an expensive problem in the city. It just brings a whole new meaning to bed and breakfast! "Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth."" Gen 1:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...