Friday 26 October 2012

From the Paint Pot by Susan L.

I am still pondering the image that came out in art therapy last night. It was a small piece on ragged edged watercolour paper. An impressionistic field and trees in the height of summer covered most of it. I know this part isn't original but I painted a window hanging in mid air that cast a shadow on the meadow. The view through the window was the same landscape dressed in winter. The trees were bare and the snow lay white and thick on the ground. It is in essence a gratitude picture because I am so thankful that the art itself has given me the ability to look through the window of my soul. Many a dark and grieving image has enabled me to express my hurts when words failed. The page or canvas contained them for me and made them a little bit smaller. Even when my mind left the building. I still have images from then but don't recall having done them at all. Art was my first, tentative conversations with God because in the beginning I believed I had no voice. There is an unfinished quality to this little piece. Part of that is because my humble thankfulness knows no end. The other part is the universal acknowledgement that every single one of us is a work in progress under the Master's brush. "Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations and languages should serve Him." Dan 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...