Wednesday 10 October 2012

Poking Fun by Susan L.

I'm still trying to get my head around the "elder"comment yesterday. The signs are all there. Ice blond hair at my temples and scattered throughout the rest of my head. Waking up with aches and pains if I slept too long in one position or did too much the day before. "Too much" is a lot less. Small print, at least I think there is small print...For some reason I remember being able to hear the high-pitched noise of bats. Not the ones in my belfry, actual bats. At least when I forget things I heard it is a sign of intelligence; the mind is full of great ideas and thoughts. Probably the same person who came up with the label "laugh lines" thought that treasure up as well. We won't mention the sags or my own increasingly laugh lined face. I didn't know necks could laugh! I got called, "Ma'am" at the local drug store last Tuesday. Mind you, after she looked at me I heard her mutter,"Nope, she's too young." Whew! "As in water, face reflects face, so a man's heart reveals the man." Prov 27:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...