Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Butterfly Effect by Susan L.

Today was my last official meeting with my Canadian Mental Health Assc. case worker. It is with mixed feelings that this change has been made. It is a huge milestone and an acknowledgement that in reality things are going really well. Nevertheless, goodbyes are never easy. For me this ending is a bit scary, too. The CMHA has been a tremendous support over the last four or so years. They will meet you at home or the local coffee shop. Wherever you are comfortable. They are an excellent resource. It is only with her help that I was able to work through the difficult and overwhelming stacks of paperwork involved in applying for disability. She broke it down into manageable pieces and assisted with phone calls when an appeal was necessary. The greatest thing is her constant encouragement to be more and do more than I thought I could without condemning me when I couldn't. Seeing as this is an end to one chapter in my life, I guess I am ready to spread my wings after all. "For Thou art with me." Ps 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...