Sunday 21 October 2012

Timeless Roads by Susan L.

Seven years ago when I finally walked away from my marital home I was living in a basement room with no windows, no phone, no TV. I spent many hours in my van driving aimlessly along the back roads in and around Orangeville. Often I would park at the side of the road simply to admire the view. I would use this time to pray or journal undisturbed by the noises of town living. Often there would be tears. It was not an easy time. A good friend said that the Lord had set me aside for special treatment. It helped take the sting of loss away. The reason I am writing about this is I remember one particularly tearful park. The road in front was hilly and wound around the November countryside. It vanished from sight behind a couple of hills or clumps of trees only to reappear in the misty distance. I was feeling rather terrified because I had no idea what lay ahead or where my life would take me. That broken road assured me that even though the road ahead was not in full view, the Lord would keep me from straying from the way He had planned. It gives me comfort now, this rememberance. I mentioned recently how troubled I am by the blocks of time that were lost when I was really sick. Today I can let them go. They were just the roads behind the trees. The road was still there. That's all that matters Thank You, Jesus. "You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forever more." Ps 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...