Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas Sorrows by Susan L.

So I gather that the world didn't end last night. There might be some out there who are disappointed. I feel a real burden to reach out to those who may be contemplating the act of suicide. This is a hard time of year for many but I can tell you you're not alone. I get that this is hard to believe. Boy, do I get it. There really are people out there who care. They mind the Warm Lines, the Crisis Lines, even the Dial a Prayer if you think that it might help. You don't even have to tell them your name if you don't want to. There may be a family member or friend or someone you barely know who would be blessed by your talking to them. Yes, I said blessed. You would be surprised by who has worn your shoes. Our circumstances may not be the same but I've wanted to give up many times over the last eight years. I can tell you, it will get better. The road may be bumpy and rough. I cannot promise that it will be easy but then good things, worthwhile things never are. Thinking about suicide is an opportunity to make a choice or take a chance in trusting the stranger at the other end of the phone or by being vulnerable in sharing with a friend what is troubling you. "Together we stand, divided we fall." Churchill, I think.. or as the Bible says, "My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding." Col 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...