Sunday 2 December 2012

Connect-the-Dots by Susan L.

It was a clear night and the plane was humming along nicely at thirty five thousand feet. Far below, tiny pinpricks of light were clustered together illuminating towns and cities. Like a vast spider web single rows of evenly spaced sparks linked these clusters to each other. There were few places left where there were no lights at all. This was a dream and when I woke it was with a greater understanding of what being Christian means. We are the carriers of Light in the darkness, that's just one part. This dream truly demonstrated just how connected we are within the Spiritual internet that spans the globe. Yesterday's blog was about housework, so was a friend's. (It's nice to know I am not alone in that struggle.) When I was in New Zealand, the little chapel I attended was discussing the same topic as the church here at home, half a world away. On another occasion while in hospital, someone brought me a photocopy of a page from the classic devotional "Streams in the Desert". I had debated bringing my own copy, one I had barely looked at since acquiring it at a church sale but ended up disregarding that urge. This person, who I didn't know very well brought me a treasure that assured me I was exactly where I was supposed to be. The list of these mini-miracles is far too great to share. They happen far too frequently to be mere coincidence...unless "Coincidence" is one of the many names of God's Holy Spirit. Thank-you Lord, for such a priceless gift. "He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart shall flow rivers ofliving water." Jn 7:38

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...