Thursday 20 December 2012

Incentives by Susan L.

I haven't been shy about the fact that I am on disability. Now I am starting part-time work and I called my Disability Support Worker to get the ins and outs of what that means. They will deduct half my earnings from my government cheque and pay me a hundred dollar working bonus. That's a tough pill to swallow but nevertheless the way it works. I am and will still be living below the poverty level although the extra earnings will help out a lot. For the time being my meds, a huge expense and totally necessary to my wellness, are covered. Years ago I was a finger pointer at people on social assistance. It wasn't a pretty finger. In coming to understand the returning to work policies, well, it isn't much of a carrot is it? But then again, living with limited funds has greatly simplified my life and I know that in truth I am very, very rich in friends, family, and in that simplicity. God has provided for me time after time. I will continue to trust in His generosity. "I will lift my eyes to the hills--From where comes my help? My help comes from the Lord." Ps 121:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...