Monday 3 December 2012

Red Alert by Susan L.

So I had a busy day running here, running there. This and that to pick up. There were a couple of items on a short grocery list so I decided to pop in to the local Zehrs. I had to give up shopping there quite a while ago. It's massive. It's busy. So much so th aat the last time I was there a full fledged panic attack set in and my cart was abandoned into the capable hands of a stock boy. He looked terrified, seeing this grown woman in such a state. The tears were threatening to spill over as my entire body and mind screamed, "RUN!!!!". So I did. Today, weaving my way through the busy produce section trying to find the milk which I figured was at the far end like it always is; something about impulse purchases along the way. I looked down the length of the store and it did one of those special effect thingies where the far end seemed to stretch even further into the distance. My chest tightened up, my lungs froze, my head starting edging into full panic mode. I looked at my empty cart and headed for the exit. Okay, I still don't do busy very well and putting my body into high alert mode is not good. It does take a toll both mentally and physically, all those endorphines and adrenaline can be used up. Not good. I got my milk at the local drug store and surprise! Surprise! I saved twenty cents! "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You." Ps 56:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...