Monday 10 December 2012

The Greatest Meal by Susan L.

Hallowed halls...light askance...Muted coloured glass...Still...Quiet...Drumbeats of rain echoes worship...Organ song...fading...Still...and peace...Quiet murmurs...rustling clothes...Trembling soul reborn...Awed...Tears mixed...Sorrow...Gratitude...Understanding...The grape...The grain...The Blood...The Body...Blessings drawn within... That piece was written several years ago and yesterday at church it came to mind as Holy Communion was celebrated. It had been a long time since I last partook of this gift. I've been struggling with some guilt about not attending church for so long. Yesterday cleared my conscience. Between the songs chosen, the pastor's teaching, the scriptures read and Communion, the Lord blessed me with affirmation after affirmation that I was and have been exactly where I was meant to be all this time. The Lord showed me that He had been teaching me every single day in my writing and art no matter what it was for. It's nice to know I never strayed very far after all. Jesus was born and died so that we may know our Father. That is the best Christmas Gift in the universe and for all time. "Thank You" just seems so inadequate, but Thank You, Lord for everything. " But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom." Mat 26:29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...