Monday 31 December 2012

The Weight of the Matter by Susan L.

So I've done it. Made the leap. Took a chance and bought a set of bathroom scales. Three dollars at the Dollar Store squashed the financial reasonings for not owning one. My psychiatrist had encouraged me to do this over six months ago. Something about self care. I avoided it like the plague because now I have to face the reasons why I struggle with diet and preparing healthy meals for myself. That, too, is self care. My body's a temple...or should I say cathedral! Ha ha! Can I eliminate sugar from my diet? That sounds like a good place to start. Help me, Lord, overcome the cravings that were initially medication driven but are now mostly habit. Hmmm. You are wonderful,my Lord and can do marvellous things. Let my life be a testimony to Your Grace. Guide me, Lord, in discovering the self fullfilling prophesies I have spoken over myself like the constant toxic affirmations that I crave sugar! Set me free, Lord, as I ask Your forgiveness for saying such things and I ask that You replace these ideas with Your Word. In Jesus' name, amen. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." Mat 4:4

1 comment:

  1. I have the same sugar cravings...the only time I really felt like I beat them was when I cut out all grains and sugars for 3 months. After the second week the cravings went away, but it is difficult to live your life that way, since everything seems to have either sugar or grains in it. I need to do that again...

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...