Saturday 1 December 2012

Willy Nilly Silly by Susan L.

Saturday. Chore day. Laundry, floors and dust. I don't know when this started but it seems that we must: Scrub and clean and wipe and shine, Until we see our faces, In things we own that were never meant to see our faces in!!------ Gotta love the silly stuff. I don't know about you but housework is an area I struggle with. Give me spade, lawnmower or pruning shears and I am content as content could be. Or better yet, give me the opportunity to use my sliding compound mitre saw; the Nirvana of tools! There's something comforting about the smell of sawdust. A smell I grew up with because my Dad was always renovating something. It is amazing how much clutter one person can generate. Where does it come from? Mind you, my friend told me my living room is my studio. There's a sewing project on the go, a half finished dollhouse, my paints and brushes litter the coffee table because I am working on Christmas gifts as I watch TV. Whew! Organized chaos! Just let me find space for my Christmas tree. Hmmm...that's going to take some thought... "And Sarah said, 'God has made me laugh, and all who hear will laugh with me.'" Gen 21:6

1 comment:

  1. Dear Susan--after your comment on Face Book, I just had to read your post. Yes, we are on the same wave length for sure! And, like you, I think it is a Divine one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...