Monday 14 January 2013

Being Mind-full by Susan L.

My sump pump is running gang busters with the thaw and rain. It's loud because the basement is unfinished and has a cement floor. I am usually not consciously aware of it but part of me listens. Within two minutes water gurgles in filling the pit. Silence grows as it fills. Hum of pump motor kicking in. Gurgle. Click as the pump turns off. Repeat. If it stops running it only takes an hour to cover the floor with two inches of water. Familiar sounds. Every home has them, its own unique voice. We listen, watchfully, without hearing. The phrase sub-audible comes to mind. All of my journey into wellness has been because I learned to listen for the sub-audible. This is God's gentle nudges that lead me down unexplored streams to the rivers of repentance, forgiveness, growth and healing. "For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert." Is 35:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...