Friday 4 January 2013

Cracked? What?! by Susan L.

There's a new TV show being advertised by a major Canadian station. It is about a police detective who has Post Traumatic Stress. It is called, "Cracked". I was going to refrain from commenting until I had seen the first episode but I am gravely troubled by the title alone. If they put a show on about a Mexican family and called it (I apologize for this) "Spicks". Can you imagine the outcry? This title, "Cracked" does a grave disservice to us. We, the people in the trenches, who live with PTS are not cracked! Or looney, or deranged, nutso, off our rockers...you get the idea. We have an illness that can be devestating and debilitating. Never mind what we've been through to aquire PTS in the first place! I am going to try and watch the first episode before I contact the TV station that has chosen to run the program. Just to make sure. And in all honesty, I am a bit too angry right now. My suspicions about how PTS will be portrayed could be wrong but sadly, I fear not. "Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul would soon have settled in silence." Ps 94:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...