Tuesday 22 January 2013

Dark Armor by Susan L.

A lifetime ago at a quiet meditation group, the Lord showed me that I was wearing my own set of armor. It was a dull, throbbing ebony and covered me from head to toe. It was a suit forged in the fires of abuse, betrayal and hurt. Some people build walls and fortresses. My armor served the same purpose. It distanced me from vulnerability. The Lord asked me to take it off. By this time I was a seasoned prayer warrior and knew God's armor was sufficient. I hesitated for a brief moment but eager to obey, took it off. It vanished into the ground the moment the pieces were stripped away. I know this was a spiritual/ mental experience but I felt lighter and terribly naked before the Lord. The woman who hosted the group quietly covered me with a blanket, obedient to God's command to cover me. Something amazing had taken place that night. The imaginary-real event revealed my soul to the world. A soul I would come to know through the Lord's work in my life. He knew I would need people but the armor was in the way. It smothered my ability to ask for help or even receive help from anyone or anything. My life was on a collision course with tomorrow. It was going to get harder and uglier than anything I had ever experienced. "Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness and let us put on the armor of light." Rom 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...