Thursday 31 January 2013

In All Your Ways by Susan L.

Walking along the beach early, trying to beat everyone else in finding the good ones. My head was down, scanning the beach like a hawk on the hunt for a mouse when a woman stopped and spoke to me. It was more than the cheery "Good morning!" most shellers say to each other as they amble past. "Did you see the dolphins?" she asked with a big smile on her face, "They're right out there!" I thanked her and quickly looked offshore. Sure enough there was a large group feeding less than twenty feet off the beach. Mothers and a few smaller dorsal fins belonging to their young. One of the adults even rushed the beach chasing its breakfast as I watched, enthralled with the brief glimpses of dolphin life. They were a delight to see. This is my story. Many days it's been hard to look up or see ahead. The Lord often places people along my path who encourage me to raise my eyes and see the beauty which lay all around. "Blessed are the eyes which see the things you see." Lk 10:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...