Sunday 20 January 2013

Infidelity by Susan L.

That was the last summer I did hay. In the fall my now ex husband confessed he had an affair while over seas. He'd spent the better part of the year over there because of his sick father. I was stunned and utterly at a loss. The ax had fallen cutting away my reason for being with one fell swoop. Suicidal, a friend led me to Jesus three days later. My lifeline. Today's media is rife with this scenario: spouses sleeping with anyone but their spouse. The odd time the betrayed goes ballistic, guns and such for an action packed hour.It is deemed as a socially acceptable story. It always glosses over the long term, gut wrenching pain of this devastating betrayal. Mostly it ignores how this act damages the very souls of all parties involved. But, then, God IS the great Restorer. While He may not have chosen to restore my own marriage, He blessed me with the grace not to hate my ex. I don't associate with him, but that is necessary to my own well being. I can also acknowledge that the affair was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I was set free from his control. "God sets the solitary in families. He brings out those who are bound into prosperity." Ps 68:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...