Monday 7 January 2013

On My Own by Susan L.

Sitting here waiting for inspiration...waiting...waiting...waiting some more... Back to the topic of self esteem. It isn't conceit to acknowledge and give thanks for our gifts, our talents. Even sharing them with others doesn't make you conceited. I still struggle to get my head around that concept. Satisfaction with a job well done isn't pride. It's knowing you've done something to the best of your God given abilities. Thank You, Lord, my fingers are still attached because I used my power tools this weekend. Being successful isn't a sin. It's knowing and admitting that God is the author of our success. Self esteem is God esteem. (I am sure I've heard that somewhere else.) It's also acknowledging that my impatience this morning made me write all this on my own. I wanted some great, thought provoking truth to be revealed on the page. Thank You, Lord that I can laugh at myself and that You are so quick to forgive us our folly. It isn't the great things but the mundane, the every day which holds the meaningful purpose and the meaningful connection to God. The Bread, the Wine. Simple food and drink for the heart of the matter. "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11 w

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...