Friday 18 January 2013

Paradox of the Clock by Susan L.

It has taken eight years for me to reach this milestone of recovery. Those eight years contained three moves, two trips to a mental health facility. There were ups and downs driven by medication changes. I had a chronic cough that debilitated me for nine months otherwise known as masked depression. I've worked, not worked, worked and not while I struggled to accept the truth of my illnesses. That took time. Many an hour was swallowed up by my pen as I reached into the secrets of my past: the sexual abuse, my failed marriage, bullies...there were alot of pages. I travelled into the future by reaching back. I struggled with Christian and medical condemnation about going through this discovery process. "Let go, Let God! It's in the past, forgive and forget! If you talk about it, you're not healed! Stop thinking about it, it doesn't matter!" I'm glad I ignored these well meaning people and remained faithful to God's desires for my life. He is the Beginning and the End, who was and is and is to come. Time is timeless when it comes to matters of the heart. "And the Spirit and the Bride say, 'Come!' And let him who hears say, 'Come!' And let him who thirsts, come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely." Rev 22:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...