Sunday 6 January 2013

Step One by Susan L.

I've decided to try a Bible based diet. Not only as a means to weight loss but as a healthier option. This concept has tweaked my interest for a long time. I just never did anything about it. Gift cardst I recieved at Christmas for a bargain grocery store meant I could fill my almost empty pantry with loads of dry goods. The thought of using a meal plan didn't sit well, they feel too restrictive but in knowing the four Biblical food groups, it's easier to make choices. I learned most of the following at www.planetpace.com. According to scripture, God gave Adam the fruits of trees first. So apples, dates, figs, nuts, etc. should make up the bulk of my diet. Next came the plants and their fruits: rice, celery, beans, lentils. Third are the roots: yams, carrots, the food below ground. Lastly was meat. Anything but pork which isn't a hard thing for me to give up. Pork doesn't agree with my stomach. Mediterranean recipies help dress this up with a wonderful array of spices and herbs. It doesn't feel so much like a diet when it is more of a grand experiment for the taste buds! Later today I 'll try my hand at making flat bread. It looks easy. My soul and spirit have been healed from many hurts. It's nice to be able to focus on the physical. "For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principals of the sayings of God." Heb 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...