Sunday 17 February 2013

Back To Church by Susan L.

It's so wonderful to be back in church. Feast after years of famine. I'm glad the Lord led me to this small, welcoming community. Although, I left today feeling shaken up a bit. I ended up questioning the path God has led me on in my discovery journey. The old second guessing routine tap danced its way into my heart and mind. Again whispers of the brutal hardness of "forgive and forget" came across loud and clear. The pastor talked about the Golden Rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. He talked about how this concept isn't supposed to be rooted in loving ourselves first. This contradicts many other teachings I've heard in the past. I guess the pastor was talking about a selfish love, about putting our personal needs, wants or desires above others. This isn't self love anyways but probably rooted in past neglect or the need to prove our value. Okay. It makes sense now. Perhaps the term self love should be changed into humble Christian principals. "We are worthy. Jesus died that we may live." "For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him." Lk 20:38

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 1

    "Keep on seeking, and you will find." Mathew 7:7     I am still dealing with the fallout of Friday's panic attack. The wor...