Sunday 10 February 2013

Home Again by Susan L.

The flight home was delayed for a couple of hours. When we landed I understood why. My goodness it snowed! Truck after truck was nibbling away at the mountains blocking several of the docking bays. Quite a sight after palm trees and gators. It was a bit of a rough road for me. The seat on the plane was at the very back thankfully beside a window. Claustrophobia, (which I struggle with) set in and a full blown panic attack erupted. I'm sure the woman beside me thought it was a fear of flying. It stunned me a bit because I was okay on the flight down but then I was closer to the front. I am glad my just-in-case-of-emergency pills were at hand and I soon was able to breathe. It left me feeling raw and shaky though and I couldn't look up the length of the plane without whispers of panic rising in my chest. I had some difficulty filling out the customs form, my mind still running in fight/flight mode. I asked the woman beside me to check it for me. Sure enough. I'd missed a couple of questions. That doesn't go over well with the customs agents. One good thing. The man in front of me didn't put his seat back which would have done me in completely. The. Lord must've whispered in his ear. The airport was just as bad. It's a rat's maze and it felt like we walked for miles to get where we needed to be. Baggage, customs, and one last security check and I was through the door. Tears had kept threatening the whole time I worked my way to the exit. It was a beautiful sight to see my friend smiling and waving as I came through the door. Not a great ending to an otherwise wonderful two weeks. It's good to be home. "But as for you, turn and take your journey into the wilderness by the Way of the Red Sea." Deut 1:40

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...