Tuesday 26 February 2013

In Trust by Susan L.

It's funny what struggles crop up. Not funny ha-ha but funny sad. I've shared about the new church I 'm attending, how friendly and welcoming everyone is. On Sunday one of the elders made a point of seeking me out. He wanted to let me know if I needed anything, any help, I could contact him and he would see what the church could do. The old, cautious part of me made itself known. The part that didn't know what to do when another man kindly offered to hang up my coat. I got all flustered and made some quip about being used to independance. Chivalry is not dead. But there is a struggle rooted deep inside of me regarding the kindness of men. Historically kindness had an agenda or came with a high price. I am deeply saddened by this wary, protective mind set but then I know in my heart God will use men like these to heal my wounds. May I have the grace to recieve yet another layer of divine healing. "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Rom 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...