Friday 15 February 2013

Northern Beachheads by Susan L.

I miss walking on the beach. The exercise felt good. Since yesterday was mild I took a brief jaunt up the road because the trails in the park are snow bound. The road was okay although busy with cars rushing their people home to the small village north of where I live. The shoulder was soft and sandy, cushioning my feet. It felt like walking on a beach. The walk took me to the nearest intersection, roughly a kilometer away. The road cuts through farm fields white and blanketed for this sleepy season. Snow started falling and my coat was also blanketed in a very short time. It was beautiful to watch. The walk broke the stress of yesterday. I had some sudden car trouble, had to submit a pile of documents to disability, still can't find the missing ones...it drove up my anxiety which had already been simmering nicely. It has been a challenging week. I need to examine the reasons for my chronic anxiety. Is it the same as worry? Fear? Mistrust? Doubt? Or is it a soup of all of these? My heart knows that God will provide and watch over me. Time and again He has shown me His generosity. It's my head that needs adjusting! "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit and they are life." Jn 6:63

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...