Monday 25 February 2013

Of the Mind by Susan L.

I love it when science becomes a tool of validation and vindication. In brief, my friend was telling me that trauma, emotional or physical does something to the brain. Particularly if it occurs during childhood or in those vulnerable teen years. Using an EEG, doctors can measure which parts of the brain are being utilized. There is now proof that the brains of people impacted by trauma work differently: the fight/flight section of the brain runs in overdrive. Hmmm...sounds like PTS to me. Once believed to be "all in your head". Here's the really awesome part. Practising wordless prayer, being still before God, and learning to let go of intrusive thoughts allows for miraculous changes to take place. The brain is rewired. It becomes easier to cope with emotional or physical triggers. With practice, this form of silent prayer can be used to immediately lessen the impact of events like a panic attack, the brain's first response t what is percieved as a threatening situation. When in trouble reach for God. It will change your heart, your soul and your mind. "Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation ;on You I wait all day. " Ps 25:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...