Friday 22 February 2013

Placemat Therapy by Susan L.

I ran a small group today. It is a result of an experiment I did several years ago in the beginning of recovery from my mental health challenges. It used a skill learned in kindergarden coupled with some soul searching. Do you remember weaving strips of construction paper together and taking it home as your special placemat? If you would like to recapture your inner child, take one sheet, folded in half long ways. Cut it in even strips being careful not to cut all the way to the edge. This forms the foundation. On each strip, write a challenge or an event in your life which may have caused you pain. It isn't easy. Take a break if you need to. Cut another piece into separate strips longways. Before weaving them into the base, write about the good things in your life. Acknowledging skills or gifts or even hopes for the future is a good thing. The finished result...well, I will let it speak to you as it may. "However, for this reason I obtain mercy, that in me Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for life everlasting." 1Ti 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...