Wednesday 27 February 2013

Temperature by Susan L

Yesterday's blog stirred up the cutting pain of heart break. I was seeing my therapist so I didn't try to ignore it or squash it down. There was no need. She's a safe support to talk about such things with. My chest still feels the remenants of the searing, physical signs of grief and sorrow because these wounds still hurt. There's an ocean of good in all of this, too. I was able to recognize how much the Lord has healed me of these soul hurts. One tear at a time has washed away the guilt, remorse and the burden of false responsibility which contaminated my identity. And yes, the hate and bitterness has been washed away as well. But most significantly, not so long ago being triggered to that severity would have transported me back in time. The memories would swallow me for a while as the Lord did His work. This time I stayed in the present. I uttered my comforting catch phrase, "It's all going to be okay" without having to force myself to believe it. I knew there was going to be a tomorrow. Like the toxic mercury inside a glass thermometer, pain can be used as a measurement to affirm God's grace. Pain can measure the wonderful ability God has to heal all our wounds. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but on the day He takes us home. "And God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Rev 21:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...