Sunday 24 February 2013

Three Words, Spoken Word by Susan L.

So maybe I've been too hard on those who may not know about the impact of mental illness on countless, unnumbered lives. Maybe my in-your-face attitude is not the way Jesus would have taught. I thought...well...I thought I was doing right to fight with all my might for the oppressed, the depressed. The outsiders who dwell outside the parameters of a narrowly defined normal life. My anger, my passion obvious about the injustice of it all. Maybe my words scare people away because what I say touches home, rubbing up against denied truths that are hiding behind a stiff upper lip and concepts like that which slip and slide around your mind. Trapping you into feeling three small words, "I'm all alone" and like a stone they drag you down even further. That was my story. At least, a part of it. The part that lied and tried to hide from the images and ideas erupting unbeckoned, unwelcomed. Understanding that there was something wrong with me but afraid to lay it on the line. There was,you know, something wrong for a long, long time. A life time. Until it reached the breaking point and I shattered like a broken mirror. Razor shards cut to the truth. Three other words crossed my lips, "I need help." My very first baby step to wellness. The cautious foot putting forward as Jesus held my hand so I wouldn't stumble at all "But Jesus called to them and said,' Let the little children come to me, and do not forbid them for such is the kingdom of God'." Lk 18:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...