Thursday 21 February 2013

Whirlwind by Susan L.

Lesson learned: when you set the alarm to wake you, don't forget to turn it on! I hate hitting the ground spinning like a tornado but that's how my morning started. It didn't bode well for the day. It was going to be busy. That's not completely true. I had a great nap this afternoon. Something of a rare luxury but it was greatly needed.. Working has added stress to my life but it's a good stess. In time it will become more routine but today my mind slipped into "deja vu" mode. This means I can't think straight and must absolutely take a break. It's a warning sign that bears listening to. It meant leaving the busy centre shortly after my shift was done and coming home to a peaceful and quiet space. Time out isn't just for kids. "Blessed is the man whom You instruct, O Lord, and teach out of Your law, that You may give him rest from the days of adversity." Ps 94:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...