Friday 22 March 2013

Changing Gears by Susan L.

I feel bad about missing yesterday's blog but it was a busy and emotional day. It happens. I was/am dealing with further aftershocks. Sometimes it takes a little while to think things over and in my case, grieve what needs to be grieved. God has, as always, proved faithful. He planted seeds in everything I read, in everyone I talked to. It's like a treasure hunt in the dark where the prize is an "A-ha!" moment. The tiny, glowing seeds or ideas are gathered and meld into a stroke of understanding and insight that rocks my world and my perceptions. I have the inclination of feeling responsible for other people's actions. Logically, I understand why. It is a life lesson driven home time after time. It is a tool of abusers, to blame the abused for their behaviour. God showed me I can set these burdens down once and for all. His shoulders are more than sufficient. My head gets it and I feel a thousand pounds lighter. My heart just needs a little time because this insight is surrounded by its own stew of emotion. "But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said," Be of good cheer, daughter, your faith has made you well."" Mt 9:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...