Sunday 17 March 2013

Foot In Mouth by Susan L.

"An essential communications tool for every classroom, home and office...or anyone searching for just the right word." This blurb on the back of mt Roget's Thesaurus caught my eye as I struggled to write something this morning. The right thing to say so often ends up wrong. When we mean to uplift and encourage, the words we say can have the opposite effect. Not purposfully, mind you...or yes, there are those who use words purposefully to hurt, It's just our human experience gets in the way. So we screw it up. Regularly. Or should I say, I screw it up. Regularly. Not so much any more. Or I hope so anyways because the Lord has taught me about the value of His children. Even those who hurt others. From a place of security upon His rock, knowing all He has brought me through, I pray regularly that my words be His words when I speak. He is the great language Master after all and knows all our hearts. He knows what we need to hear in plain and simple language. He even has a Book that is a gazillion times better than Mr. Roget's! "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace." Eph 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...