Wednesday 6 March 2013

Hook, Line and Sinker by Susan L.

The bait has been swallowed. I am enjoying knitting. Didn't think I would, but I am. With the local department store closing, wool was a good price. The balls came with free patterns. The second hand store provided the right sized needles for a mere dollar. I could now explore this skill further at home. It took a couple of false starts and google to figure out how to knit the simple pattern I chose to begin with. I needed help to decipher the cryptic short forms. Ambitiously I started a shawl but kept losing stitches, gaining stitches and overall making a mess of things. It's ended up half as wide. A scarf is a better project to start on. What fascinates me is how a line of looped yarn over a metal rod can provide such an incredible array of patterns. How until several lines have been knit, the pattern is almost a secret held by the yarn. I'm fascinated by the carefully calculated and engineered design one single piece of yarn can embody. It's like seeing the hand of God. "Better is a little worth with the fear of the Lord, than great treasure with trouble." Prov 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...