Tuesday 12 March 2013

How Sad by Susan L.

There's a tragedy happening beneath our noses that should never happen. The city of Newmarket has buried six babies since Christmas. These little ones were laid in a cradle of garbage bins and alleys. It didn't take long for exposure to end their innocent little lives. My mother's soul weeps for them and for the mothers who believed this was their only option. The media is poisoning our children's minds with rampant sexuality and promiscuity. The intimate act of intercourse is treated as a party favour to be shared lightheartedly, to ease boredom. It's a game, that's all. I wish young men were taught chivalry. I wish young women were taught just how precious their sexuality is. I wish both were taught that intimacy this deep is the most treasured gift one person can give another. I wish they knew they leave a piece of themselves behind every single time, both men and women. Those six little lambs are proof that simply talking about biological mechanics and prescribing birth control doesn't work. It's even more basic than that. When did human life become so cheap? "Set me a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; for love is as strong as death." Song 8:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...