Wednesday 27 March 2013

Listening Post by Susan L.

Whenever we go down into the city for our staff meeting, I am confronted by just how different the two worlds are: a rural town vs the cityscape. Maybe I'm still a little hearing sensitive this week but,wow! The noise! A constant drone of traffic punctuated by sirens, honking horns, roaring buses, squeaking brakes. I can feel my stress level rising quickly. Oh, and the beeping walk signal from the nearby intersection sets my teeth on edge. Maybe it's an age thing, too. The city world is too big, too fast. Just too much everything. I know there are many who thrive in that environment, who love it and I happily leave it to them. I know the silence out where I live might not apoeal to them. Anyways, silence comes with its own noises or should I say my house has its own voice. Sounds I know well and no longer hear unless I listen for them. Kind of like getting comfortable with God. "Yes, uh-huh...yes, Dear...". Until something out of the ordinary happens to remind me He's there all day, every day, eternally. Noises or no noises. "He who has an ear, let him hear." Rev 2:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...