Sunday 10 March 2013

Yaaay! by Susan L.

There's a fat robin picking worms from the swathe of grass cutting through my front yard. The snow is melted courtesy of the buried pipe from my sump pump. The constant flow of water keeps the ground from freezing. I'm glad it provides a feast for him. Oops! I just realized the clocks were supposed to go forward last night. It's actually ten thirty and I am too late for church. I tried to get up earlier but the alarm couldn't kick me out of bed this morning. Seeing the robin tells me I got up exactly when I was supposed to! It's going to be a busy week so it's better to have a quiet day. It might be a good idea to do some meal prep for the rest of the week. Hmmm, what else? I'm just blathering on. Sometimes being single has its disadvantages and I feel lonely. It would've been nice to share the robin sighting with someone. Even bouncing mundane ideas around could use a handy ear. Talking to yourself just doesn't always cut it. Did you hear me smack myself in the forehead? Of course, God is listening! "Incline Your ear to me, and save me. Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually." Ps 71:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...