Tuesday 2 April 2013

Beneath the Every Day by Susan L.

The word "Redemption" is rattling around my head this morning but I have no idea where this is going. Or, maybe I do after all. I'm thinking of my little house. It was a party house before I moved in and sadly in need of TLC. Redemption. I had the skills to do 99% of the work my self. Learned during the latter, unhappy years of my marriage. Redemption. The yard was just as neglected. Most of my landscaping has been done using found objects, other people's discards or half dead plants. Like the house, they only needed TLC to bring them back. Redemption and redemption. These are tangible symbols, small examples of what God does within us. He takes the abused, the neglected, the discards, the hidden talents. Under His Tender Loving Care (no abbreviations for Him) they bloom and grow. We often only see the finished product, the manicured pristine garden. The public face. I forget how much weeding, soil preparation and plant relocation has taken place. It takes time to find the right spot for a plant to thrive and blossom. Yah...Redemption is a beautiful word for a work in progress. "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Ps 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...