Tuesday 23 April 2013

Explorations by Susan L.

I heard of a technique in pen and ink drawing so I decided to give it a whirl. It has to be the least expensive art medium I've ever run across: a sharpened twig with Indian ink. I usually use a fine tipped black pen to get the clean, perfectly uniform lines I like in my drawing. The twig added a textural quality to those same lines. My twig was cut in a rather imperfect point so depending on how it was held, the line was thick or thin. Having to dip the twig repeatedly into the ink added its own wobbles to the lines as well. It's these imperfections that gave the images an organic quality which is absolutely lovely. It added a dimension of life and vibrancy that pulsed on the paper. Imagine! Imperfection and beauty going hand in hand. "The glory of Lebanon shall come to you, the cypress, the pine, and the box tree together, to beautify the place of My sanctuary." Is 60:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...