Thursday 4 April 2013

Pathways Training by Susan L.

We got word yesterday that there were two cancellations for further training in the PREFER program (Peer Recovery Education for Employment and Resiliency). This group is one of the three sessions my friend and I have left in order to become certified peer support workers. This is where we begin to learn how to facilitate groups. In this case, Pathways to Recovery. I'm glad we got in although it's going to make next week rather hectic. Three days training, 9:30-5, followed by the Alliston Home Show on Friday to Sunday. Far more than I like to have on my plate at any one time. It is only one week and both experiences will be invaluable. My excitement about the show is building because it is such an amazing out reach opportunity. I just pray that the people who would benefit from what we have to offer will cross paths with us. I also pray that shame be silenced. I pray that hearts and minds will be opened and the truth about mental health challenges be accepted. In Jesus' name, Amen. "Let no one seek his own, but each one the oher's well being." 1 Cor 10:24

1 comment:

  1. God may stretch your limits next week, but He will also provide what you need.

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...