Saturday 6 April 2013

Restoration, Inc. by Susan L

I was in the local office supply store yesterday. To my delight they restocked the ink refills for my fountain pen. Today's blog is like being in touch with an old friend. The act of writing is once more enveloped in artistic pleasure. We've covered many pages, my pen and I. Thousands of words in prayer, in repentance and forgiveness as well as gratitude offerings have filled several spiral bound notebooks. It was this pen that began my recovery journey when I submitted both it and the page before me to God. I knew nothing of the terribly dark times that lay ahead but Jesus had met me in my own garden of Gethsemane. I chose to submit to whatever God's will was for my life. When I was hospitalized and feeling suicidal, they took my pen from me for a while. It broke my heart.The nurses were afraid that the steel point could be used as a weapon to hurt myself. Nothing was farther from the truth although my pen has been a mighty weapon. Eventually they returned it but only while I was in the common room. Things I was unable to vocally articulate poured out. Another layer of healing began. Thankfully, a change in medications got rid of the suicidal ideology. "Then He said to the woman, "Your faith has healed you. Go in peace."" Lk 7:50

1 comment:

  1. I remember how much you loved writing with a fountain pen. You got me started on it too...haven't used one in a while tho'.

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...