Tuesday 16 April 2013

Small World by Susan L.

I made some phone calls yesterday to get quotes on taking down a huge and dangerous black willow in my front yard. The yellow pages had several tree companies listed so I randomly picked four. The first came out last night and as we were negotiating he said, "I know you." The discussion began. Turns out he's living on the farm where I toiled for so many years. He had met me briefly at a neighbours one time. I was impressed he remembered. I didn't. He complimented me on the farm's paint job because he liked the various faux finishes I had used. They hadn't changed a thing, liking my colour choices as well. This was the first time I had decorated without thinking about resale. I used the rich earth tones I love so much. No builder's beige for me! Memories bubbled up.. Some good, some not so good. One of the good things is I ended up not living there long enough when the renovations were completed to get tired of the colours. I carried them with me to my new home starting with my sunshine yellow kitchen. "When you have eaten and are full then you shall bless the Lord your God for the good land which He has given you." Deut 8:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...