Thursday 9 May 2013

A Softened Stance by Susan L.

My houseguest, Fred the cat, has finally accepted me. Last night he came, demanded cuddles, and actually slept in my rocking chair before curling up at my feet on the sofa. He later discovered me in bed and slept most of the night there. That was true risk taking. I am an extremely restless sleeper. He's disappeared back downstairs to his safe place this morning. Probably because I kept him awake and alert to the danger of thrashing limbs all night. Okay. My heart is softening. Maybe a hairless cat would be okay to have as a pet. Mind you, it's a known fact that fuzz therapy is beneficial to both physical and mental well being. There was a shift yesterday. I finally shed the last traces of guilt, regret and sadness attached to owning or being responsible for animals. My heart now truly understands that the farm situation wasn't my choice. It just grew into a nightmare and was a means of controlling my freedom. Thank God I was able to say no to a goat dairy operation (definitely not my idea!) because then I would have been tied to the clock 365 days a year. This time it will be me who makes the choice or better yet, I'll let God create the opportunity of pet ownership. If nothing comes of it I'm okay with that. "Knowing that from the Lord you will see the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ." Col 3:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...