Tuesday 21 May 2013

Is There Something? by Susan L.

Yesterday I met another person connected to my ex-husband. I don't know why, but he felt he needed to tell me all about him. I don't believe in coincidence. That is two people in less than a month. Hearing about his sad existence as an alcoholic is sad. It isn't anything I didn't already know from my marriage. At that time, nothing I said or did could turn him from that path. That choice has to come from within. May God have mercy on him because honestly, there's days I can't feel merciful towards him. Alcoholism creates a truckload of collateral damage. Some of these wounds have been healed. I acknowledge it's okay to be angry about others. Being angry doesn't mean I haven't made the choice to forgive. Being angry is being honest. The challenge, as a follower of Jesus, is to be angry at the sin. That way I am able to maintain compassion for my ex in his brokenness. Some days it is very hard. Others, not so much. I can give thanks for the amazing healing the Lord has brought me. Some things simply need more time. There may be some wounds that will never have full closure until the Lord takes me home. I can live with that. My heart is always open for more healing though. I am sure this quotation has come up before but this is where the Lord led me this morning. "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable perfect will of God." ROM 2:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...