Friday 3 May 2013

Simply Bizarre by Susan L

I was outside last night just as the stars were beginning to appear. It was a beautiful spring evening. A man I didn't recognize walked past. Then he came back. He must not have seen me because when he reached my driveway, he bent over and scooped up the weekly newspaper. It had arrived only a short time earlier and I hadn't collected it yet. "What are you doing with my paper?" I called out. It must have startled him because I heard a thud as he dropped it. This morning it's nowhere to be found. I live on a country road. Pedestrians are rare. I have no way of knowing where he came from. It wasn't a neighbour, they get the same paper. I know them anyways. It wouldn't have been prudent to chase him. He was a fairly big man. Odd. Baffling. Somewhat disturbing. Is this petty act related to last Saturday's phone call? I hope not. "May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble; may the name of the God of Jacob defend you; may He send you help from the sanctuary." Ps 20:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...