Wednesday 19 June 2013

Christmas in June by Susan L.

This was the theme for my writer's group earlier this month. At that time, I couldn't write about it. Today? Well, today feels like Christmas. My houseguest, Fred the cat, will be taking up permanent residency. I spoke with his owner, telling her that I was growing too attached to him. I needed to know if she was going to take him back. In my heart of hearts I was hoping she wouldn't. I barely had the words out of my mouth when she asked if I would like to keep him. Keep him! Yes! I mean his ginger coat even matches my decor! No, seriously he's a good fit. He's not the pushy type who insists on playing with your pen when you're writing. An excellent quality in a cat especially since I write and draw. A lot. A few months ago I would not have even concidered a pet. But Fred? He's brought a profound healing to some of the wounded, animal related places in my soul; a four legged, fuzzy, purry healing. That and I had the chance to skip some stones across a river. How much fun was that! (I lost count at eight!) Thank You, Lord, for simple pleasures and unexpected gifts. Psalm 139 says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...