Sunday 30 June 2013

Honey, Do! by Susan L

I hit the ground running this morning. There's already a few things on my Honey, Do! list. Since there isn't a honey nearby it's actually a DIY list. I woke up to discover that the main water pump in my sump pit wasn't working. Thankfully the back up pump is or there would have been a swimming pool in the basement. Thankfully all it took was shaking the float switch which turns the pump on...or not. (It worked briefly but now I see the back up is running again. Hmmmm...) The hose feeding my pond's little waterfall has a leak somewhere. It needs to be replaced. It took me a while to figure out where the water was disappearing from. Thankfully it is only the hose. My friend shared an exploration exercise with me. She called it a blessings timeline. Working through her life from as far back as she could remember, she made a list of all the good things, God's blessings. Many of them were simple. When you are five, having a kite to fly is awesome. (That's one of mine.) I am going to take my water challenges, sump and pond, and be thankful. One, that I have them and two, I have the skills to do the repairs. Even if I need to replace the pump! Thanks, H, for the inspiration. "And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you." Deut 28:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...