Saturday 1 June 2013

Loose Tongue by Susan L.

My mouth sometimes races ahead of my brain and I say something which doesn't sit quite right with my conscience. At least, I don't feel it was right. This seemed to happen several times this week topped with not speaking up when it was needed. Good old conflict avoidance behaviour. The mental hamsters had a good run. Replaying the scenarios is such a futile exercise. I can now laugh at myself. It doesn't matter because opportunities "appeared" yesterday so I could make amends: by apologising, and being able to practice true peer support. Thank You, Lord, for enabling me to trust and utilize the communication skills learned in PREFER trainings. Thank You that I have gained a better grasp of leading without being commanding. Than You for giving me the opportunity to facilitate a much needed group discussion that was a safe place for everyone to practice self advocacy and boundary setting. Myself included! It must be spring. There was a huge amount of personal growth this week. Again, thank You! But does it have to be so exhausting? ;) "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Mat 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...