Monday 10 June 2013

Recovery by Susan L.

Yet another sunny day was spent in the garden. There's still more to do but that's okay, I'm not feeling so terribly, suffocatingly, overwhelmed any more. I had to stop when numerous mosquitoes plagued me looking for a quick meal. Towards evening it was most enjoyable to sit on the patio with my good friend H. She came over with a lovely chocolate and fruit dessert for us to share. Good friend? No, BEST friend! There was a young robin hiding in the grass. We watched the parents fly copious amounts of grubs and squishy things to its ever demanding beak. The baby looked like a leaf in the grass, its feathers not quite grown in. Too bad they don't eat mosquitoes! Simple joys. Healing joys that help the wounds of spiritual surgery close. They help to shake off the last of the shadows in my heart, the haunting remnants that take some time to disappear. The fireflies were out last night,too. They were twinkling high among the tree branches. A contented smile came to my lips and a flood of good memories washed over me. My painting of these little bursts of light is ready to be picked up. Redemption. God's timing is always perfect. "I thought it good to declare the signs and wonders that the Most High God has worked for me." Dan 4:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...