Saturday 15 June 2013

Strange Encounters by Susan L.

It's a beautiful morning and as I was taking it all in, the fresh air, the bird song, a movement at the end of the driveway caught my eye. It was a small, black weasel like creature. I thought it was a Marten at first. I had chased one off of a rooster years ago. This wasn't anywhere near as large. It saw me and made a bee line straight towards where I was standing. This is odd. Is it rabid? It didn't seem aggressive. I realized it was a pure black ferret. It sat up and looked at me after sniffing around my slippers. She was painfully thin and there was evidence she had young somewhere. I wondered if she had been a cruel pet dump. Someone's unwanted pet. I hate when people use that as an option. I went and got a handful of cat food. She knew what it was and ate heartily. She was a bit skittery and wary but it wasn't disturbed by my presence. I was reluctant to pick her up or catch her in case she had young. Eventually she went on her way. Hopefully I'll see her again today and be able to give her some more food. "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels." He 13:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...